Monday, February 1, 2010

Thankful Monday

Mondays are difficult for me. Not only are they the first day of the work week, they're also the first day of what would have been a new week of pregnancy. With both pregnancies that we lost, Mondays were the days I went from one week to the next. In the second pregnancy especially, each week felt like a huge milestone and I looked forward to Mondays for that reason.

So needless to say, Mondays are tough now. I can't help but think about how pregnant I would be today (12 weeks). But I didn't let myself think about the future nearly as much this time, so I know it will get better soon. Until then, I am going to post things I am thankful for every Monday to help me focus on the good stuff and not the negative stuff.

Today I am thankful for:

*Being able to button my pants again!
*Working from home today.
*My wonderful and adorable puppies who make me feel better everytime I'm sad.
*My grandma who keeps dropping off food for us so I don't have to cook as much. :)
*Voicemails, texts, & emails of encouragement especially from Jordan, Susanne, Lynn, Allison, Amber, Courtney & Kelly ...Special thanks to Kelly who dealt with infertility for over a year and makes me feel less crazy every time we talk. :)
*My parents - who are hurting for me everyday. I hate that they hurt when I hurt. But it makes me feel VERY loved.

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you! You are never crazy. We love you ... all of you. I am always here for you!

    ReplyDelete