Last weekend a stomach virus hit our house. Holly got the worst of it. She woke up in the middle of the night throwing up in her crib and had several rough hours after that where she would heave and throw up every 10 minutes or so. We set up camp in the living room and snuggled together until she was finally able to fall asleep again.
Overall, we are VERY lucky with stomach viruses. I can only remember one other time that Charlie or Holly has thrown up from being sick. It's time like this, when one of them is sick, that I am so thankful. I am thankful that they are generally very healthy. And I'm thankful to be a stay at home Mom. I wasn't stressed at all about being sleepy the next day or missing work. I could just concentrate on snuggling with my sweet girl and helping her feel better. Little ones are so pitiful when they are sick. I gave her a wash cloth to hold and spit into when she felt like throwing up. For the next 24 hours, she didn't want to be without a washcloth.
Here are so pictures of our sweet, sick little Holly.
No comments:
Post a Comment