Thursday, August 20, 2015

Kids Say the Darndest Things

While we often want to pull our hair out with these two crazy kids (especially Holly!), they are also pretty adorable right now. They are talking and expressing themselves more each day and sometimes say things that are just hilarious. I wrote down some of the the things they have said in the past few weeks that had us laughing...

Charlie

  • Holly was whining about something in the car. It was probably wanting goldfish. She has a tantrum about goldfish at least three times a day. Charlie finally turned to her and said, "Holly life isn't fair sometimes." We say that to both of them all the time. Glad he has been listening! 
  • When Charlie found out that I used to be a waitress at Red Lobster, he stared at me for a second and then said, "Wow. That's amazing." 
  • At the clubhouse for dinner, we were all looking at the menus. I asked Kyle if he knew what he was getting. Holly then asked Charlie, "You know what you getting, brubber?" He said, "No because I can't read yet!"
  • While we were running and playing, Charlie stopped for second to catch his breath. He had his hand on his chest and suddenly he looked up, surprised, and said, "Mom, I can feel my heart beating!" Kyle and I both laughed and he said, "No, I'm serious! I really can!" We were like, yeah, we believe you!
Holly
  • I was pushing Holly in the stroller on a walk. I started getting tired and I said, "This is a long way Holly. I don't know if we are going to make it." Holly put her fist up in the air and said, "We can do it Mommy, we're super girls! You super Mommy! I super Holly!" I have no idea where that came from!
  • She calls people her best buddy. She usually says Charlie is her best buddy. And she tells me that I am her "best-Mommy."
  • She is not shy at all. She went up to a girl at the playground and asked, "What you name, girl?"
  • She loves to be with the older girls on our street and she goes up to them and says, "What you doing, girls?!"
  • You know how when the batteries get low in a remote control, it works better if you bang on it? Well, Holly must have seen me do this a lot in my room. She was pretending to play with a remote and she said, "It not working. I have to bang it on you bed." She then ran into my room and banged it against the bed. "Now it working!" she said. 
  • When she is in trouble, especially when I lose my temper, she closes her eyes and smiles. Then she opens her eyes, and gives me a look like, "geez Mom, calm down." She is definitely a strong-willed child!

No comments:

Post a Comment