Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Charlie becomes a big brother


Charlie's reaction to Holly has been very sweet. He wanted to help at the hospital, but he was too scared to actually touch her. He found breastfeeding fascinating and he always says, "Holly milk?" when she nurses.

Here is a video of Charlie seeing Holly for the first time. He seemed overwhelmed.


 But watching her in the nursery, he started to get excited.



When Charlie came to visit Holly on Friday, we noticed that he had a very runny nose and seemed warm. He went home with Nana and Poppy, who took his temperature and found that it was 102.3 in one ear and 99.8 in the other! I was really worried since he had just been coughing in Holly's face at the hospital. He stayed with them through Sunday night and on Monday, we took him to the doctor. At that point, we were home so Nana picked me up, with Charlie in the car, and we went together to the appointment. When I got in the car, Charlie looked so sad and said, "inside?" He wanted to come inside the house. I felt so bad for him that he was not feeling well and not able to come home. At the doctor, we found out he had an ear infection and a very wheezy cough. They tested him for RSV, but it was negative. We got medicine and came home. Charlie was SO excited to be home. But with the risk of Holly getting a fever (which would require a spinal tap and several other tests), we decided he should go back to Nana and Poppy's for a few days. Needless to say, I was really sad. I missed him and I didn't want him to be sad and miss his home. Nana assured me that he has been really happy up there, so that made me feel a little better. He hasn't had a fever for a few days now and he's been on antibiotics for 48 hours, so he's finally coming home this afternoon. YAY! We can't wait!!

Here are a few more pictures of Charlie and Holly in the hospital.

Checking her out

Excited about his cracker train

Giving Daddy hugs

Snacks with Holly

Helping Daddy

Charlie cant stop saying "Holly cute! Holly funny!"

Checking out Mommy breastfeeding

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. that last picture - him peeking under the cover - is HILARIOUS!!! I love it. so touching! Keep it forever and ever :)

    ReplyDelete