Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baby Holly is here!!

Our sweet baby Holly is here! On Thursday, Kyle and I got up bright and early and arrived at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. We left Charlie asleep at home with my Mom. They were right on schedule at the hospital and took us back to the operating room at 7:30. It took a few tries to get the epidural in, but it wasn't too bad. By 8:21, our baby girl was here! She weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She didn't cry much, but it was still more than Charlie, who didn't cry at all. When she was first born, we were all shocked by her reddish blond hair. But after her bath, we realized it was more just blond hair. I think the blood on her head made it look more red than it was. It's still weird to have a baby with blond hair though. I'm so used to Charlie's dark hair.







After the surgery, I got to hold her and nurse her in the recovery room. For some reason, they had to take Charlie up to the nursery right away and I was only able to hold him for a few minutes in recovery. But Holly and I were in recovery together for almost 2 hours. It was wonderful to have that private time with her to stare at her sweet face and start nursing. She latched on perfectly and has done really well with nursing.

Finally they took her up to the nursery for her bath and took me to the mother/baby room. Charlie was there waiting with the family so he got to see her get a bath!


More coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment