Monday, August 15, 2011

Walking and Talking

Well, okay, not quite walking and talking...but it does seem like Charlie has grown up so much in the past week! In addition to the "ba" sound he also makes the "ma" sound a lot now. There are times when he looks right at me and says "Mama". But usually it's more like "mamamamamababababmma." So I don't know if he is actually aware that he is calling me mama or not. That being said he definitely knows who Mama and Daddy are now. When I ask him "Where's Daddy?", he looks directly at Kyle. And if I ask when Kyle is not around, he looks around and then looks at me like, "I give up, where is he?!"

Charlie has also mastered pulling himself up to a standing position. His favorite places to pull up are the ottoman, his toy box (below), and on Mom and Dad. He loves to climb back and forth over us when we lay on the floor with him and he rarely stops moving, climbing, or crawling. He's burning up a lot of energy and it shows in his eating and sleeping habits. The little guy has been taking some very long naps and eating 2+ jars of baby food at one time. We are really enjoying him right now and can't wait to see what he learns next!


No comments:

Post a Comment