Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8 Months

Charlie is now 8 months old. He'll be in college before you know it! Here's what he's up to at the 8 month mark:
  • Pulling Up - Charlie is pulling up everywhere. He even pulls himself up in his crib while he's waiting for me to come get him. He is just starting to cruise, but I wouldn't say that he is full-on cruising.
  • Climbing on things - Charlie loves to climb over pillows and over his toys. He always takes the most difficult route to his toys. When he could just crawl right to a toy, he would rather climb over the bean bag chair, over Mom, over the dog, and then get the toy.
  • T.V. - Charlie still doesn't watch much T.V. but he does like, and recognize, Jack's Big Music Show. I was able to clip his nails (normally a huge battle) by turning on Jack's Big Music Show and rewinding it so the opening song played over and over. He was totally enthralled by it.
  • Napping - He takes 2 naps a day, usually about 2 hours each. Sometimes they are only 1 hour though.
  • A TOOTH! Charlie is FINALLY getting a tooth. It's in the middle on the bottom and you can feel it but barely see it.
  • Food - Charlie nurses 4-5 times a day and eats 2 meals of solid food. Each meal is about 4-8 ounces. I have given him a few finger foods, like puffs, but he had no idea what to do with it. He can't pick it up with the pincer grasp at all yet.
  • Babbling - In addition to "ma" and "ba", Charlie now says the "da" sound too. He will say Mama and Dada but it's rare and I don't think he knows what he's saying.
  • Weight - Charlie weighs about 17 1/2 lbs.
I posted all of our recent pictures yesterday, but I have some new videos to share.

The first one was supposed to be Charlie and I playing ball. But the way I had it set up, Charlie could see himself on the iPad screen.  You can see that it wasn't too successful but I thought it was a cute video anyway:


Kyle and Charlie playing:


Swinging in the backyard
(I got the swing for $5 at a consignment sale. Score!):

No comments:

Post a Comment