Monday, April 25, 2011

4 Months

Baby Charlie is FOUR months old! Here's what he is up to these days:
  • Sleeping - It's getting better. Now that Charlie sleeps on his stomach, he goes to bed much better on his own. He's even napping a little better. This week he's been consistent with a 45-60 minute morning nap about an hour or two after he wakes up as well as an afternoon nap around 3 or 4. Night time hasn't been consistent at all, but he is sleeping at least 5 hours at a time.
  • Reflux - No change. He's still taking Zantac twice a day and he has mostly good days, but there are still bad days.
  • Rolling over - Charlie rolls from his belly to his back and his back to his belly. All he wants to do right now is roll onto his belly and then try to crawl. He works so hard to move and gets frustrated when he can't. I'm hoping it takes him a LONG time to learn or he loses interest for a little while. I'm not ready to baby proof the house!
  • Mouth - He is putting everything in his mouth, especially his arm and hands. I don't know if he's teething but he doesn't drool much and he doesn't seem to be in any pain.
  • Sitting Up - Charlie doesn't like sitting up in his Bumbo seat. He leans forward and his head bobs around a lot.
  • Grasp & Reach - Charlie holds on to his toys now and can reach out and grab the one he wants. He can also reach some of the toys on his exersaucer and hit the buttons that play music.
  • Oops - Charlie and I were laying on the ground looking up at my phone when I dropped it on his face. It hit him in the cheek and he burst into tears. Other than his shots at 2 months, it's the only time he has cried from getting hurt - and it was my fault! I felt horrible and immediately gave him some baby Tylenol. I'm sure he didn't really need it but I wanted to make it better!
  • Check-Up - Charlie's next Doctor visit is the 28th. I'll get his "official" height and weight then.
Protected by the puppies...and getting kisses from Jackie

This one is for Kyle

He fell asleep while hanging on to his rings.
I'm not that bad of a driver, Charlie.

Charlie with his lovie

 Swinging with Dad

 
Enjoying naked time

No comments:

Post a Comment