Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3 1/2 Months

Sorry it's been a while since the last post. Charlie keeps me pretty busy!


Here are some notes from 3 1/2 months:
  • Charlie weighs a little over 13 pounds. That's around the 25th percentile.
  • This Sunday was Charlie's first time in the church nursery. All of the other kids were at least 2 and they all gathered around Charlie in a little circle and stared at him while he stared back. It was so cute. I wish I had a picture of it.
  • After the last update Charlie went back to only waking up once a night...for a few nights. Then all of the sudden he started getting up every few hours again. The past 3-4 nights he's gone to bed at his regular bedtime (8-8:30), then been up around 12:00, 4:00, 6:30, and then up for good around 8 or 8:30.
  • What makes his night time sleep regression worse is that his napping has been getting worse too. After I posted at 12 weeks that he was doing much better, he immediately proved me wrong and stopped taking good naps. Rather than fussing for 5-10 minutes and then falling asleep, he SCREAMS. I go in to check on him every 10 minutes and that makes him more mad. After 30 minutes to an hour I give up and then he falls asleep in the car later in the day when we're out. So I'm back to getting nothing done. O well.
  • I made a decision last week that I would just follow his lead on sleeping until he's at least 4 months old. Then I'll see about implementing some kind of sleep training (Ferber, etc.). I ordered 4 different sleep method books to study up and see which method, if any, I want to pursue.
  • Reflux is the same. We have bad days and good days.
  • He is still super wiggly and he likes to roll onto his side a lot.
  • He is putting things in his mouth more.
  • He's much better at holding on to toys and he loves to swat at hanging toys or kick them.
  • He pays more attention to the dogs and enjoys watching them play.
  • He loves to sit in your lap and always wants to be held facing out.
Charlie is also even more chatty. Here's a video to show you what I mean:

No comments:

Post a Comment