Monday, February 14, 2011

7 Weeks

Charlie was 7 weeks old on Thursday, February 10th. (I'm getting later and later with these posts. Our baby boy keeps us very busy!) Here's what happened in week 7:

  • Still growing - Charlie has officially passed the 10 pound mark! At last weigh in he was 10 pounds, 1.5 ounces. His 2 month check up is February 28th. That's when we'll find out his length and what percentile he is in.
  • Fussiness - Charlie's easy going demeanor gave way to a fussy baby this week. Some of it is just normal evening fussiness that most babies have at this time. But he is also dealing with acid reflux.
  • Reflux - Charlie has been fussy during eating (while nursing or taking a bottle). He will eat for a second then pull away and cry. Turns out that he has a mild case of acid reflux. We are giving him one mL of Maalox before each feeding, keeping him as upright as possible during feeding (very tricky when nursing), and holding him upright for 30 minutes after he eats. Although we often cheat by putting him in a swing or bouncy. It has made a big difference. I think the Maalox was the biggest help.
  • Night time schedule - I was going to write that Charlie has developed a new night time pattern of going to bed around 10:30/11:00, then waking at 3:30, then 6:30. He did that for several nights in a row but last night was completely different. So much for a pattern.
  • Smiling - We see more and more smiles around here. Some are a big grin and some are a crooked smile with one side of his mouth. He smiles most at a red bunny that hangs above his changing table. And last night I saw him smiling on the monitor while he was falling asleep. So cute!
  • Wiggling - In addition to smiling, Charlie is wiggling. He flaps his arms and pushes his legs in and out in a bicycle motion.
  • Skin - Charlie has been experiencing newborn skin issues lately. It's mostly baby acne and some heat rash. Some days there is nothing and other days he is broken out all over.
  • First overnight trip without Mom and Dad - This weekend Charlie spent the night with his Nana and Poppy while Kyle and I celebrated Valentine's Day and got a good night sleep. Pictures of the trip coming soon.
Here are pictures from week 7:


His typical weird sleep position

Trying to get a picture of him smiling...I missed

I missed again

Poor baby having a bad skin day

Asleep at the Doctor's office.

Sleeping with Daddy

Playing with Wes

Here is this week's video. I was trying to get him smiling. This is as close as I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment