Thursday, April 15, 2010

Redecorating

Kyle and I are doing some redecorating around the house and outside. We have had several projects in mind and finally decided to pull the trigger.

Master Bedroom
I didn't think ahead to take a before picture, but it used to be a yellow/gold color. We had the same quilt and tile wall hanging. The pictures that we had over the bed didn't look right with the blue walls though so I'm looking for something else. We replaced the blinds on both windows with white linen curtains that I LOVE.


Tech Room/Sewing, Ironing, & Junk Room/Future Nursery
I do have before and after pictures for this room. It's still a mess but that's okay because it's now the "junk room". I chose a neutral beige since hopefully it will be nursery sometime soon.
We'll be tossing out the bed and replacing it with a table for my new sewing machine. My first sewing project will be curtains for this room.
Apparently it took 4 coats of white to paint over the blue molding. I'm so glad to have this awful room repainted!!
Guest Bathroom
This room had plain white walls with the same shower curtain. It's now a light/lime green. I've still got to hang pictures, but you get the idea.
I'll post more pictures soon of the old Georgia Room, which is now a guest room, and of the backyard. I can't wait to share the before and after pictures for the yard. We had all of the tiny trees and shrubs removed but we're still going to have 11 trees removed, grass planted, and part of the fence replaced. It already looks a lot different and so much better!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Your bedroom and the GT room look amazing!! It's crazy how a little paint can turn the whole room into a more cozy retreat spot!! SO excited to see the changes! When you're ready, come on over to our house :)
    Can't wait to see pictures of the yard too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't do the painting. I picked out the paint and we had a contractor do all the hard labor. But I can send him over to your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great!!! We can't wait to come over and play some Mario Bros and check everything out in person. I can't wait to see the UGA room painted over! :-)

    ReplyDelete