Saturday, December 3, 2016

Thanksgiving in the Mountains

This year we took our annual mountain trip over Thanksgiving break. It was still unseasonably warm so we were able to get out and go exploring. Charlie especially loved going for hikes through the woods with Jackie and Maddie's dog, Lulu.



We were lucky enough to walk up on this man just as he was about to catch a large trout.


The Smithgall-Woods State Park right near our cabin included a small gift shop. The kids went in with Kyle and first and came out telling me all about the stuffed animals inside. I thought it was weird how excited they were about stuffed animals until I went inside and realized it was real animals that had been processed and "stuffed".


We played a lot of putt-putt on this trip.




Pretty Helen sunset over the mini-golf course.


Family putt-putt selfie


After the first night of putt-putt, we went out to dinner and played on the swing set next door while we waited for our table.




The next day Lili came up to join us for Thanksgiving Lunch. We had a quick round of Pie-Face after lunch,




then we went to Dukes Creek Falls for a hike. It was unseasonably warm and a beautiful day.




Charlie did awesome...Holly begged to be held a lot and needed some encouraging to make it to the falls.


We made it!





Holly needed some encouraging on the way back too. I'm pretty sure she was being promised ice cream at this point.


At night, we hung by the fire roasting smores and let the kids play in the hot tub.




The next day, Friday, Kyle took the kids mining for gems with Nana. (I hadn't been feeling well so I went to the doctor where I was diagnosed with Strep. I spent the next two days in bed.)


After mining for gems, Holly went with Lala, Uncle Cam, Maddie, Wes, and Sahil to a Christmas tree farm.


She was getting tired...


but it looks like she had a great time.




Back at the cabin, Daddy found a toad outside. Or is it a frog?

Saturday was the day of the GA/GT game in Athens. I was planning to go and take Maddie and Sahil, but I was in bed with strep. Cam and Wes went instead. So while I slept, Kyle took the kiddos for another round of mini golf.



After mini golf, everyone watched the game and relaxed. UGA lost so I wasn't too sad that I missed the trip to Athens. The next morning we packed up and headed back home. We're already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment