I recently took the kids to Tybee Island with Lili and my Aunt Lori. Kyle had a golf trip planned and couldn't take any more time off work, so we had to go without him. My favorite thing about Tybee is that it's only 4.5 hours away! Each second counts when you are in the car with two small kids! The night we got there, I took Charlie out on the beach after Holly went to bed. He was SO excited to be there!!
His two loves, bubbles and the beach. He was a happy kid!
The next morning, we took both kids to the beach. My fearless Holly has suddenly discovered her anxious side. She gets scared now at TV shows, loud noises, people, and apparently...the beach! I was not expecting it at all. I spent two hours with Holly in my lap, whining and crying.
There were brief moments of joy.
But for the most part, she was miserable. After a couple of hours, I gave up and took her back to the condo. Charlie and Lili stayed and played on the beach for a while longer. Charlie was in heaven! I wish I got more pictures of him playing, but I was stuck in chair with Holly on my lap. Once Holly was down for her nap, I took Charlie to the pool and the jacuzzi. He really enjoyed the jacuzzi!
Can you see his little head in the corner? Talking to all the grown-ups in the pool. He sure has come out of his shell!
That night we walked down to the water for dinner. We found this restaurant that had a boat as one of the tables. The kids thought it was so cool.
After a performance of "Let It Go" on the restaurant stage, it was time to go home and call it night. More fun tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment