Sunday, September 7, 2014

Back to School

This year Charlie is going to school three days a week and Holly is going two days a week. This is Holly's first time at school. I cried when I made her lunch and when I dropped her off. My babies are growing up to fast. :( But the good news is that I have already gotten over it and I am thoroughly enjoying my two free mornings a week!

In the morning they have carpool where they take the kids out of the car for you. It is nice not to have to get out and it's supposed to be a lot less stressful for the little ones than having the parents come in and leave. While we're in line, I let the kids out of their car seats to sit in the passenger seat before they get out. They love that part.



According to her teacher, Holly cried a lot the first day but she is easily distracted. She did much better the second day with only a few tears. Here are here daily sheets from the first week.



Charlie is in the three-year-old class now. He already knew his teacher from summer camp so he had a very easy transition to school. There are some mornings when he says he doesn't want to go to school, but he usually gets over it pretty fast and he is always in a good mood when I pick him up. He's pretty shy and likes to stay near the teacher a lot on the playground, but he is doing a little better playing with the other kids more. He is always very well-behaved and the teachers LOVE him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment