- I don't think I posted her stats from her 12 month check up. I can't remember the exact pounds or inches, but I know she was 55% for height, 70% for weight, and 85% for head circumference.
- She is starting to get a lot more hair, but it's still almost all in the back. It's very curly and mostly blond. Although it still looks a little red in the sunlight.
- She is talking more. It is mostly babbling still, but she will say "Hi" and "Bye" as she waves. She says Mama a lot when she is hungry and she definitely knows Kyle is Dada. I usually put him on speaker when he calls and she loves to grab the phone from me and whisper "Dada Dada" into it. It sounds weird, but it's actually very cute. She will also say "Jack" for Jackie, and sometimes she says "all done" when we ask if she is all done eating. She is constantly pointing and saying "go". Like, "pick me up and take me over there to see that."
- Although we have tried to get her to walk, she really has no interest and she gets mad when we try. She cruises all over the place, but immediately drops to crawl when she has to let go. She will sometimes take one or two steps, but then she gets scared and stops to crawl. She stands by herself for a long time and can squat down and back up.
- Her main interests are climbing up the stairs and food she shouldn't eat. If we leave the gate open at the bottom of the stairs, she crawls straight for the stairs. As we run over and close the gate before she gets there, she screams in anger and frustration. And boy is she into food. Not all food, just the food she loves and/or is not supposed to have. She can be very dramatic when she wants something.
- It is amazing to me how different two siblings can be. While Charlie is a total Mama's boy and wants to be with me, "helping me", following me, talking to me, and playing with me at all times, Holly gets annoyed being held too long because she wants to explore and get in to trouble. If she is climbing on me and fussing at me, it is either because she is tired, hungry, or not feeling well. Sometimes I wish she would just let me hold her and rock her to sleep, but she wants to get in her crib. I remind myself to be thankful because I can only handle one child tugging at me all the time. In general I think Holly is easier than Charlie, although she is challenging in her own way, and I'm sure it seems easier because I've already done it all once with Charlie.
- She LOVES baths and gets very excited when the water starts running
- She is just starting to pay attention to the TV and will sit still for about 5 minutes sometimes and watch Charlie's shows. It's usually the Fresh Beat Band. She loves to clap her hands and bounce to the music.
- The biggest challenge with Holly is her strong will. She is starting to shows signs of it and it's a little scary. It's usually about food, but also little things like when she doesn't want to get in the car seat, she will arch her back and scream bloody murder.
Hanging out in the backyard
Trying to climb out the window to play with Daddy and brother
Loving her ball pit
Big girl on the slide all by herself
Goofing off waiting for the doctor
Stealing Daddy's seat to watch TV
Happy girl ready for her bath
"Making friends" at the mall
Worn out
Having fun at the pool
Paci - check, Water - check, Snack - check
Selfies with Mommy
Still not much hair on top, but it makes a cute mohawk
Trying to wash her hands like her brother
No comments:
Post a Comment