Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Holly at 6 Months

Oh my sweet Holly Wolly Doodle! She is truly such an easy, happy, wonderful baby! There were a few days last week when she was fussy (teething?) and it was a major reminder of how nice it is to have such an easy baby! When Holly and Charlie are both fussy, I really want to pull my hair out. It was awful. There was one night that I told Kyle I actually envied him for getting to go to work the next day and get away from the kids. It was the first time since I started staying home that I really felt that way. Luckily after a few days, things settled down. But it was rough! At one point Charlie actually said to me, "Mommy please put Holly down! Put her in her room! Why don't you want me, Mommy? I want you! Why don't you want me?" It was awful. But I digress...my point was, Holly is joy and I am SO thankful for that every single day!!!

So what is Holly like at 6 months???

  • She can sit up without assistance for a few seconds before falling over. If she has a little help, like the Boppy pillow, she can sit up for a long time. 
  • She loves to chew on anything and everything she can get her hands on.
  • She loves to babble and talk. Sometimes at night when I am rocking her, she will look up and me and talk and talk and talk. I love it and I am always shock by how long it goes on. She won't even let me respond! 
  • So far it seems very true that "girls are talkers and boys are walkers". She is much more communicative than Charlie was at this age, but she isn't nearly as active. I think it will be a long time before she is crawling or standing. (Thankfully...I'm hoping the crawling takes her a loooong time).
  • Charlie is still her favorite person in the world.
  • She loves to smile, and rarely ever fusses unless it's time to eat or sleep. 
  • She sleeps through the night (woo hoo!) from 8 until about 7:30. In the mornings she usually takes little cat naps while we're out and then she takes a long nap in the afternoon when Charlie takes his nap. 
  • She loves food. So far she has tried applesauce, peaches, sweet potatoes, squash, and prunes. 
  • The spitting up was not improving so I decided to wean her off breast milk completely and try the gentle formula that is made for babies with reflux / spit-up issues. It's been about a week now and she still goes through bibs quickly but it is definitely better. It was really sad for me because I loved nursing but it's nice to be able to eat cheese again!
  • She still has blue eyes and strawberry blonde peach fuzz. And she's beautiful! :)

Here are some pictures and video of Holly from the past month.


Kyle always teases me about how I have to touch everything when I am shopping. The other day I was out with Holly and I looked down and saw that she was doing the same thing.

I'm working on remembering to bows on her.

Passed out at the Gwinnett Braves game. I don't think Charlie has ever fallen asleep in this stroller. Ever.

Trying out a baby Mum-Mum for the first time. She was confused but kept putting it back in her mouth.

Love that smile!

Big girl with a cup 


Eating applesauce

Eating the Mum-Mum

This is a rare video of Holly being fussy. It's from a few weeks ago when she was first learning how to put things in her mouth to chew on them. Every time she accidentally pulled it out of her mouth she would get upset.

Holly sitting up



No comments:

Post a Comment