- Loves to talk - Charlie loves to talk and loves to have me talk to him even more. It's the worst in the car. He asks "Why?" about EVERYTHING. And then he'll say, "Talk about it some more, Mom." Even if it's a conversation we have already had a thousand times. I have explained what the trucks are doing, where they're going, how we get our food at the grocery store so many times. Sometimes I just have to say, "Charlie I just want to be quiet until we get there. Mommy can't talk anymore." And of course he inevitably says, "Why?" Even though that is super annoying, he is also at the age where he says the cutest and funniest things as he starts to interpret the world and give us his opinion of what he sees.
- Better at playing by himself (sometimes) - He would still prefer to play with me and he asks me to play all the time, but he understands that I want him to play by himself. He'll say, "Put Holly in swing, play with me?" or "Hold Holly, play with one hand?"
- Obsessed with sports and cars - He almost always wants to play baseball, football, golf, soccer, or play with his cars.
- Sleeping - He goes to bed around 8 and wakes up about 6:00 - 6:30. Sometimes we get lucky and he sleeps until 7:00 but it's rare. Yeah, it sucks.
- Potty training - We haven't really started potty training. He has a few books about it and the little potties are out around the house, but he has zero desire. Most of my friends with older boys keep telling me to just wait until he wants to so I'm trying to be patient.
- He loves Jackie and has told me many times that Jackie is his best friend.
- While he is usually a wonderful big brother, he is starting to get annoyed with Holly more often. Now that she can roll around and grab his toys, he gets upset when she touches his stuff. And sometimes he doesn't like it when she watches him (which she does constantly) or when she is babbling. In the car he will often say, "No Holly, I talk to Mommy!" The other day he asked, "Why Holly always talking?" I said, "I don't know buddy, why are you always talking to me?" He cracked up laughing. Today Holly has been having a lot of teething issues and Charlie has been telling me that his teeth hurt and that he needs rings to chew on.
- What I love the most about Charlie is that he is so sweet and loving. He is so good at sharing and taking turns. I am so proud of him when he is playing with other kids.
Here are some videos and pictures of Charlie being adorable. I don't have any videos right now of Charlie being a terror, but believe me that happens a lot too!
Sporting a mo-hawk
Selfies with Mommy
Jumping on the couch cushions with his buddy, Carter
Playing around in Holly's bed
Hanging out with Hannah Livermont at the Gwinnett Braves game. Hannah was sweet enough to share her pretzel with Charlie.
One of Kyle's coworkers gave Charlie this frog when we came to visit Kyle's office. At the time, Charlie was afraid of frogs, so he wasn't very thankful for his gift. But he has since overcome his fear so we made this video and took a picture for Ms. Connie to say thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment