After a few hours, all our presents were open and it was time to head up to Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Cam's house (or as Charlie calls it, Wes House). There we celebrated with Kyle's family and Charlie received SO MANY AWESOME GIFTS. He was a little overwhelmed but he did a good job of moving on from one toy to the next when prompted to open a new present. His favorite was probably the mini roller coaster. We put it together right there and he had a great time riding on it over and over and over.
When it was time to sit down for brunch, Charlie had his one meltdown of the day. We put him in a regular chair and told him to kneel. But it turned out there weren't quite enough chairs for all the adults, so we got out the highchair and put him in it. And Charlie lost it, threw his cup on the ground, tried to throw his plate on the ground, totally and completely lost it. So after brunch we packed up all our new gifts and headed home for nap time.
After naps, we were back in the car to celebrate with Jim's family. Charlie was very well behaved and he was showered with even more cool presents. We got home after bed time and put Charlie right down.
The next we did almost nothing but play with toys. Charlie is still discovering new things about his toys. He plays with the train table the most and he loves it. I am hoping he will still be into all the new stuff when baby Holly is born. But just in case, I saved several of his gifts in a closet. I'll introduce them back one by one after Holly is born.
Here are some pictures from Christmas day. I was so into all the present opening and fun that I didn't take many pictures or video (other than presents from Santa.) I have taken more pictures and video of Charlie playing with his new toys, and I'll upload those soon.
Before the move to a high chair:
And after...
No comments:
Post a Comment