Charlie's had his 6 year check up at the doctor. His vision was 20/40, which they said is fine as long as he isn't complaining about not being able to see. His hearing was fine. His height is 42-3/4" (7%) and his weight is 38.4 lbs (7%). The only thing the Doctor mentioned of concern is that his cholesterol is 205. Anything over 200 is considered high. They wanted to do a fasting lipid panel blood test, which would break it out into the "good" cholesterol and "bad" cholesterol. From there, if it is his "bad" cholesterol that is too high, they would want us to start following some dietary guidelines to make sure he isn't eating too much cholesterol. We decided not to do the follow-up blood work. Charlie already eats a diet that is low in cholesterol and he is far from overweight. I have had high cholesterol since I was a child and so have many people in Kyle's family. I think it's just hereditary and we will continue to watch it as he grows up. Overall, he is a healthy kid and we are SO THANKFUL everyday for that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment