How can two children from the same parents be so different?! Holly is the polar opposite of Charlie in so many ways. She is not a rule follower. The best word to describe Holly is spunky. She loves to test you, to wait and see what happens when she doesn't do what you say. She also loves to dance and sing and EAT. She will obey when she knows you mean business, but you have to be consistent or she will walk all over you.
She loves her brother and they alternate between being adorable playing together and screaming mad at each other. She loves singing songs to annoy her brother. This usually happens in the car. He starts screaming at her to stop and she just gets louder.
In addition to being spunky, she is crazy smart and observant. At the grocery store with me recently we had the following conversation:
Holly: Mommy, that boy, he have penis.
Me: Yep.
Holly: Daddy a boy. He have penis. Brother a boy. He have penis
Me: That's right. What are you?
Holly: I girl
Me: And do you have a penis?
Holly: No, I have belly.
Me: You have a vagina
Holly: No, you have a gina! I have belly!! (She always says this when I tell her she has a vagina. I think it's because she can't see it.)
As I was changing clothes one day, she asked me why I have stripes and she doesn't. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that she was pointing to my stretch marks. I told her she would get them when she is a Mommy and she seemed really excited about that.
I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!
No comments:
Post a Comment