Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween


We had a wonderful Halloween in our new house! Charlie wanted to be a plane (Dusty from the planes movie) and Holly was a pumpkin. I bought this costume on sale after Halloween last year, while I was pregnant, so I'm glad it actually fit.


Our neighborhood has been so much fun. The decorations were amazing. I should have taken some pictures, but I didn't think about it until just now. Next year I will get some. People really get into it around here! We had 1 huge bag of candy and 4 smaller bags and by 8:15 we had run out of candy. At our last house we had 2 people come by last year. So needless to say, it was way more fun!

The night before Halloween we put Holly to bed and carved the pumpkin with Charlie. Last year Kyle had to work late so this was our first time doing it with Daddy. Charlie had a lot of fun helping to decide what it should look like.



Charlie had school on Halloween and they threw a party for the kids. My Mom and I went to the party with Holly. First they let the kids get a pumpkin from the "patch". It was pretty cute because a lot of the kids got it confused with Easter and were trying to grab as many pumpkins as they could.


After that the kids got a treat in their classroom. They had asked the parents if someone would volunteer to bring in a treat. I figured I could make some cookies, so I volunteered, but it turned out another Mom had already said she could do it. When I got to the party, I realized that maybe I'm not ready for the school volunteering...The other Mom made these awesome orange pumpkin shaped rice krispy treats. They even had little tootsie roll stems. Here's Charlie checking out his treat. He was very serious about eating it.


This is the face he made when Miss Laura tried to take his picture. 


I tried to get a picture of the three of us, but this is the best we could do.


That evening, we took the kids trick-or-treating. Charlie only made it to about 5 houses before he was ready to go home, but he really loved handing out the candy when kids came by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment